Our call for workshop proposals has now been closed. Thank you to all who submitted proposals!
Dove is excited to host the next JDVNC Conference in Denver in 2012! We are currently seeking proposals for workshops to be held during the conference. The deadline to submit workshop proposals has been extended to Friday, January 13th, 2012. Please submit your workshop proposal using the form provided at the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/286XT5Z
Based on feedback from the last JDVNC Conference participants, we are looking for workshops that fall under these categories:
- Specialized Advocacy (Systems, LGBTQ, People of Colors, Child Abuse, etc.)
- Program Ideas/Developments (Hotline system, Victim Advocacy, Outreach Educational, etc.)
- Self-Care/Vicarious Trauma
- Technology Safety
- Board Development
PLEASE NOTE that we will be hosting a “Collaborative Partners Day” on the first full day of the conference: Wednesday, October 10th. CPD will be open to professionals outside of the DV/SA field (e.g. mental health agencies, researchers, etc.). We are inviting these professionals to attend on this day for the purpose of collaboration and information exchange, and will provide communication accommodations upon request. Collaborative Partners are also invited to submit a proposal if they wish to provide a workshop on this day.
The rest of the conference (10/11 – 10/12) is open specifically to:
- ASL users
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault…
- Professionals who provide direct services to members of the DHH community
- Agency Board Members
- Agency Volunteers
- Therapists who have experience working with DHH DV/SA victims/survivors