Interested in becoming one of DOVE’s Safe Home providers?
DOVE’s Safe Home Provider program is an essential part of our agency’s services. Our goal is to preserve safe homes for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf-Blind victims of domestic violence and their children in crisis.
A SAFE HOME PROVIDER’S DUTIES:
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment
- Follow the requirements and guidelines provided by DOVE
- Set Safe Home rules specifically for your home
- Report directly to Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Availability for the victim and children
- One-year commitment as Safe Home Provider for DOVE
- Attend monthly VA meetings
- Ten-hour training provided by DOVE
- Fluency or working knowledge of American Sign Language
- Have a TTY or VP, and TV with closed-captioning
- Good sense of humor
- Comfortable and able to interact with victims/survivors of DV/SA
DOVE is now recruiting and interviewing for potential Safe Home providers in Denver/Colorado Springs/Fort Collins area.
Please contact Ami Garry at Ami@deafdove.org if you are interested or have any further questions about this program.