Community Advocacy Program:
- 24-Hour Crisis Line: 303-831-7874 or Hotline@deafdove.org (An advocate will respond to you within 15 minutes.)
- Crisis Intervention for Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault: Victim Advocates provide support to Deaf or Hard of Hearing victims when they call or email for help in an emergency/crisis situation.
- Legal Advocacy: We assist victims in navigating the court process (protection orders, court orders, testifying) and advocating for their communication needs.
- Medical Advocacy: We go with victims to the hospital or clinic, and provide emotional support. We also advocate for full access to communication.
- Peer Advocacy: Victims/survivors meet with each other to share experiences and provide each other with support.
- Community Resources: We provide workshops for victims/survivors to assist in personal growth (i.e self-defense class, self esteem building, crafts & skills, etc.).
Training & Education:
- Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Late-Deafened, Hard of Hearing communities: We educate about Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, DOVE services, etc.
- Victim Service & Human Service Providers: We collaborate with and provide training to other agencies in the State of Colorado
- Legal & Medical Professionals: We educate professionals in these related fields about how to work with members of the Deaf community, as well as their legal rights to direct communication access.
Information and Referral:
We provide …
- Educational materials relating to domestic violence / sexual assault within the Deaf community
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) information
- Information on Crime Victims Rights
- List of resources and agencies that are deaf-friendly
- Technical assistance for service providers