Click to download Job Description for Community Advocate
Applications accepted beginning February 24, 2014
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employment status: 0.5 FTE with 1.0 FTE possibility
- Provide direct services to clients of DOVE
- 1. Individual Advocacy (communication access, medical, legal, personal)
- 2. Information and Referral
- Update and maintain resource files
- Assist in monitoring the 24-hour crisis line
- Assist Outreach Coordinator with DOVE’s Youth Advocacy and Prevention Program and community outreach, including developing educational vlogs
- Assist Program Director with overall DOVE programming, including Volunteer Victim Advocacy and Support & Educational Groups
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Strong English written and communication skills
- Knowledge of the issues surrounding sexual assault and domestic violence Minimum of 2 years involvement in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community BA/BS degree, and/or 3 years in a human service-related field
Reports To: ProgramDirector
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
or mail to DOVE, PO BOX 102563, Denver, CO 80250
Accepting applications until position is filled.
Eat for Change
Show this flyer at Chipotle, DOVE gets 50%
Win-win! You get a yummy burrito and DOVE gets 50% of the proceeds!
Who: DOVE & Chipotle
When: Monday March 3rd, 5-8:00PM
Where: Broadmoor Chipotle on Southgate & Lake in Colorado Springs, CO
How: Show up to Chipotle, order your dinner, then tell the cashier that you are supporting DOVE or show them the Chipotle flyer on your smartphone or bring in a paper copy
Why: Because you love Chipotle and you love DOVE and it’s rare for your two loves to combine like this!
Click on the flyer below for more details as well as a map to Chipotle!
Do you have PASSION?
Do you have MOTIVATION?
Do you want to HELP DOVE?
DOVE Want You to Join
BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
You will chance to SUPPORTING, FUNDRAISING, ENRICHING others!
Find the application form at: Under the “Get Involved”
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or information.
Please share this with your friends and family!
Double-click job posting image below to view a larger/clearer version.
Effective in the beginning of 2013, our new name will be Deaf Overcoming Violence through Empowerment (DOVE)!!
This name is based on community input, so thank you to all who voted/shared your thoughts. We will be working on the name transition process over the next several months, and welcome YOU to submit your original ideas/designs for our new logo! If you have ideas or questions, contact email@example.com.